What is so ‘awful’?
- I grew up in a country where major cities elected Republicans and Democrats. Now it's only Democrats.
- I grew up in a country where the opposite of communism was the ‘free market’ and the American government was proud to support modern commerce. Now major candidates promise more regulation of commerce and openly attack successful industries.
- I could buy a rifle and ammunition at Sears and walk out the door.
- The driver's handbook was 16 pages long; now it is 96 pages.
- My local government didn’t tell businesses what health plan to use, didn’t require a minimum wage that excludes all starting jobs. Didn’t require retail businesses to charge for shopping bags. Didn’t specify the number of days of sick leave and maternity leave.
- A lifetime open socialist runs for President on the Democrat ticket and would have won if actual voters had prevailed.
- The president of the United States regularly attacks wealthy people and Wall Street.
- Most of the prominent nouveau riche are Democrats.
- The power elite in America have become anti-commerce.
- A religion of Armageddon is the most powerful religion in the developed world.
- Jew hatred controls the United Nations organization and dominates all of Europe.
Does that sound awful to you?
I have the answer to why this happened.
Our cities all became Democrat because they are all controlled by unions (police, fire, teachers and government unions). That came about because the hereditary elite disappeared in 1960. Without the hereditary elite to provide money, power and balance in government the second most well organized group came to power… that was unions.
(Why the hereditary elite disappeared is explained here and in many earlier blogs).
The other half of the issue is how did the ideology of anti-commerce pro-socialism become dominant in America? How did nearly all of academia become racist-Foucault disciples?
It is the same mechanism that allowed unions to become powerful with the demise of the hereditary elite. When I went to college and university, the underlying ideology was Marxist. The absence of the hereditary elite, which was powerful in academia, allowed the hostile underbelly to gain control.
The Marxist underbelly gained academic control and quickly gained media control. The two are closely connected.
What we have now is an ahistoric academic. No history to ground thinking, no history to reject the stupidity and teach the failure of communism. No history to ground individual identity. Only the flags of oppressed imaginary identity groups.
The hereditary elite had strong reasons to teach and advocate for history. History is a lesson in the longterm success of hereditary elites.
It looks like my misery in old age is the result of the end of the American hereditary elite in 1960.