We have had virtually no economic growth in America for eight years. Why?
I think the answer is simple: connect the dots.
- we have dramatically increased poverty and the number of people who are non-productive parasites. That occurs because of all the women who have children without being married to a father. There are now 18 million kids under 18 without a two parent household. And 9 million of those are living in homes below the poverty line.
- all new construction or remodelling in the U.S. requires an Environmental Impact Report which dramatically slows down development and radically increases the cost.
- city budgets and local tax increases are going to 100% non-productive uses in the form of union pensions. In most cities this component now exceeds one third of all expenditures.
- government subsidy to higher education loans creates a vast labor force that has so much debt it can not start small businesses or be self employed.
- the national milieu is strongly anti-commerce (the president says ‘you didn’t create this business’) so young people are not innovating and starting new businesses.
- local government is totally controlled by unions in every city, creating a vast class of lazy people who are unproductive.
- the number of regulations of business increases geometrically without slowing down and more self-employment occupations require expensive and irrelevant licences.
Connect the dots. We have nearly killed commerce in America.