SETI is the extravagant science project to search the heavens for signs of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe.
Imagine the arrogance of a human being able to say that there are not and never will be signals from ‘intelligent life’. I am that arrogant that I can say for certain there are not now and never will be another species capable of sending signals out into the universe.
- We modern humans, who can send signals to each other over great distances are the byproduct of modern commerce which barely exists on this planet and is very fragile.
- Among the trillions of species on earth for several billion years there are only 7 billion humans alive today. The total is 100 trillion species years. And we are the only ones with the potential for technology.
- Of that 7 billion, since the beginning of modern commerce in 1800 there have been less than a few billion such humans in only a few million square miles who have participated in modern commerce with sufficient competence to read, write, do numbers and create technology necessary for long distance communication. Maybe one billion.
- Of that billion, only a tiny fraction had the social attributes necessary to generate technology and operate it. That fraction needed to operate in
- a meritocracy
- with a non-tribal group of peers,
- in an environment that supports individual initiative
- supports free markets
- operate in a nation with a weak, free individual oriented government
- and in a large collection of friendly cooperative members of the species.
Even today that number of people of our species may be under 100 million. And we have been at this level of technology and functioning for only about 100 years.
Since only a few people, maybe 100, understand what created this extraordinary time in modern commerce and hundreds of millions of people (Lefties worldwide) are trying to destroy it, I don’t think we can expect this miracle to occur anywhere else in the universe.
I can say with certainty that it hasn’t and it won’t.