The hippy revolution was truly one of the great decentralized undirected human experiments. I am not finished writing about the subjects but here are several starting points:
1. The blog on my summary of the hippy contributions, focused on business and related subjects that I know better than most people.
2. The shocking blog about the fact that the political and media world of the early 1970s completely misread the peace movement. The peace movement was large because the marches were hippy parties. The hippies are not around today, in great numbers, consequently there is no American peace movement.
I said a similar thing in this blog.
3. My many blog musings on the hippy disappearance: sex and ...
4. Hippy founders and rejection of hate
5. The survival of hippy values in today's society.
6. The survival of hippy ideas on Public TV.
7. Commerce and the hippy dream.
8. My description of a hippy party.
9. Thoughts on the great hippy experiment.
10. Hippies are disproportionately lefties today because they loved Armageddon.
11. My role and perspective on the hippies.
12. The intellectual basis of the hippy world.
13. The hippy dream is fulfilled by the gay community.
14. One of the great hippy successes, the disability movement.
15. Short list of hippy dids and didn'ts.
16. Hippy created Google.
17. Hippy contribution to Burning Man.
18. Hippies screwed up management.
19. Hippy sex ethos and rise of the gay community.
20. How I came to create the Briarpatch.
21. The Briarpatch, the hippy business world.
22. Hippy values enter the restaurant world at Buttercup.